Carleena Angwin has hosted 35 episodes.
Carleena Angwin is a writer, public health professional, and host of The Carleena Show podcast, based in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Born and raised in Upstate New York, Carleena served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Panama from 2001-2003 and taught English at a public university in Mexico from 2004-2005. After moving to Tennessee from New York in 2005, Carleena worked in the foster care/juvenile court system for three years. From there, she accepted a position at a public health department and devotes her time to emerging public health concerns such as the opioid epidemic.
In 2017, Carleena graduated with an MFA in Nonfiction from Goucher College. As part of her narrative journalism course work, Carleena interviewed a Marine Combat Veteran of the Iraq War in person and over the phone for two years. As a result of that relationship, Carleena created an interview podcast called The Carleena Show, which features in-depth conversations with guests from around the world.
- MFA Nonfiction, Goucher College, Maryland, 2017
- Bachelor of Science, Ithaca College, New York, 2001
- Host/Producer, The Carleena Show Podcast
- Public Health Professional, Hamilton County Health Department, Tennessee
- Program Director, Lookout Mountain Court Appointed Special Advocate, Georgia
- Trek Instructor, Where There Be Dragons, Mexico
- University English Instructor, Mexico
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Panama
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio (Intern), California
Available on my personal website: https://carleena.net/bio/